KPL today highlights: Kariobangi Sharks 1-1 AFC Leopards while Kenya Commercial Bank 1-2 Chemelil Sugar FC

KPL today highlights: Kariobangi Sharks 1-1 AFC Leopards while Kenya Commercial Bank 1-2 Chemelil Sugar FC | FKF Premier League

Kariobangi Sharks fought hard to draw 1-1 against AFC Leopards in a Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match played on Wednesday.

Whyvonne Isuza and George Abege scored to ensure both sides picked a point each from the stalemate.

Isuza scored another fastest goal of the season for AFC Leopards after just 25 seconds of play. The midfielder got himself at the right position at the right time to receive Paul Were’s cross and beat John Oyemba in goal for the opener to stun Kariobangi Sharks at home.

Isuza who is the leading scorer for Ingwe netted also in their 3-1 win against Posta Rangers and their 1-1 draw against Kakamega Homeboy in the recent previous fixtures.

Tom Teka had his penalty appeal overturned by the referee after he went down in AFC Leopards’ box rather easily from a feeble challenge from Soter Kayumba in the 23rd minute.

Kayumba also stood firm to block an invading Vincent Wasambo in the 29th minute. At this juncture, Kariobangi Sharks spent a considerable amount of time in AFC Leopards area but the visitors’ backline dealt with every challenge equally.

In the 33rd minute, Sven Yidah tried an overhead kick from the edge of the box but Jairus Adira collected the aerial ball with calm.

Were was blocked by Vincent Wasamabo as he tried to maneuver from the left flank and into the Kariobangi Sharks territory in the 35th minute. Were remained a thorny challenge for Kariobangi Sharks along that flanks due to his duping movements and pace.

 A 37th-minute build-up that involved Eric Kapaito, Yidah and Lokale could not result in anything tangible for them as Adira in AFC Leopards’ goal parried away the final shot on target by Lokale.

Ian Taifa was red carded in the 65th minute after a dangerous challenge on AFC Leopards defender Kayumba. Isuza was almost at it again in the 71st minute when he found himself in a pocket of space inside Kariobangi Sharks area but a timely block from Michael Bodo saved the Sharks.

A minute later, Were beat his markers and sprayed the ball on Ivan Ssekaza’s way but the Ugandan midfielder delayed in unleashing a shot thus giving the hosts time to close in on him and rob the ball away.

George Abege failed in two instances to put matters at par both in the 81st and in the 87th minutes. in the two occasions, Adira made quick interceptions to thwart the danger presented by the forward.

Abege rose high to head past Adira in the last minute of added time to break the hearts of an otherwise hard-fighting Ingwe machine.

Kariobangi Sharks will be at home again to play Posta Rangers on April 27 while Ingwe will travel to the Coast to face Bandari at Mbaraki stadium a day late. 

Related Posts